I love tty. I love command line. I love vi. Well if you agree with any one of these statements, you have to check out startty.com. It is absolutely simple and stunning at the same time. All you need is a telnet connection (you can even do it across serial terminals). Here is how it works:
– sign up for a account with a real email address.
– wait for confirmation email, click the link inside the email to confirm and create your startty account.
– login to startty.com website and goto the configuration screen to setup your panels.
– setup your 8 panels with different content
– bring up a terminal window and telnet to startty.com on port 50000 (telnet startty.com 50000)
Now go and grab the oldest computer you can find, hookup a wise terminal to it and amaze all your blogging/facebooking/rss’ing friends :-) TEXT TERMINALS RULES!!!