This one is simple…..to set up CalDAV support for Google Calendar in Mozilla Sunbird, follow these steps:
- Open the Sunbird application (or under Thunderbird with Lightning Add-on) and select File >New Calendar.
- Select On the Network and click Next.
- Select the CalDAV format option.
- In the Location field, enter
https://firstname.lastname@example.org/eventsand click Next.
- Enter a name and select a color for your calendar.
- In the pop-up screen, enter the following information:
Username: This is the complete email address you use with Google Calendar (ie: email@example.com). If you’re using Google Apps, be sure to enter your Google Apps email address.
Password: This is the password you use to sign in to Google Calendar
- Click OK.
Your Google Calendar will now appear in the Calendar tab of Mozilla Sunbird, and Sunbird will sync any changes to and from Google Calendar. If you’ve imported your calendar from iCal or another app make sure you go to Edit>Preferences and check off “Show missed alarms” under Alarms tab. Otherwise you’ll be prompted to snooze or dismiss all your old events everytime you start the application.
One response to “Enabling Google Calendar in Mozilla Sunbird or Thunderbird Lightning Add-on”
Excelent Tip! I'll try it right now! Thanks!