So I’ve been hearing a lot of whining about the new Canon 5D MKII’s being used as 35 mm cinema cameras. Everything from “Where is the fast auto focus?” — and here I thought 35 mm film gear was all about manual focus and adjustments — to “So how do I add filters/mattebox and such?”. Well fear not, Redrock Micro is here to save the day . Their new product “cinematization kit” — specifically designed to 5D MKII — is destined to ship November 1, ahead of the Canon camera.
Redrock accessories for Canon 5D MKII transforms the DSLR into production-ready cinema solutions by providing:
- Rock-solid 15mm support system
- Follow focus for accurate and repeatable focusing
- Swing-away mattebox for light management and easy access to changing lenses
- Shoulder mount and handgrips for steady handheld use
- Support cage for enhanced stability and low angle shot
So start saving those pennies, you got two more days before the cage is released online.